Search Resources
Advanced Search
Tip
You can do this in standard search by "surrounding your phrase with quotes".
Find one or more words
or or Tip
You do this in standard search by typing OR between your alternate words.
Search Resources collapse
Share this page Email Print Tweet This Share to Facebook Digg it

GARNAUT CLIMATE CHANGE UPDATE PAPER 1, 2011: Weighing the costs and benefits of climate change action

By Professor Ross Garnaut
Download PDF DOCUMENT 
The Garnaut Climate Change Review—led by Professor Ross Garnaut—was first commissioned by Australia's Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments in 2007, to conduct an independent study of the impacts of climate change on the Australian economy. This paper focuses on five climate change action issues: the choice of discount rate (the valuation of the welfare of people living now relative to people living in future); the presence of uncertainty; the interaction between climate change, its mitigation and the growth of incomes and economic welfare in developing countries; what is an appropriate and proportionate Australian contribution to various levels of international mitigation ...Read more
The Garnaut Climate Change Review—led by Professor Ross Garnaut—was first commissioned by Australia's Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments in 2007, to conduct an independent study of the impacts of climate change on the Australian economy. This paper focuses on five climate change action issues: the choice of discount rate (the valuation of the welfare of people living now relative to people living in future); the presence of uncertainty; the interaction between climate change, its mitigation and the growth of incomes and economic welfare in developing countries; what is an appropriate and proportionate Australian contribution to various levels of international mitigation effort; and the optimal balance between efforts on climate change mitigation and on climate change adaptation. Reduce

No analyst review.

Comments

Please Sign In to post comments on a resource.
If you are not a member please Register.
No Comments.

Pearls of Wisdom

"In considering the uncertainty of climate change, events that we now deem most unlikely should not be discarded." Professor Ross Garnaut